B Ed SPECIAL EDUCATION (ASD)
This is a two year, full time, on-site degree programme recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) and run at Action For Autism in affiliation with the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
This is an ideal training programme for those interested in pursuing a career in special needs with a specialization in Autism Spectrum Conditions. Upon successful completion of the programme, the candidates are certified Special Educators and can work as Special Educators in leading schools - special or mainstream, special needs organizations, or as independent consultants as well as seek employment in the government sector. Many get absorbed at AFA as well.
About the Programme
What AFA strives for, through this course is to help student teachers:
- Gain an understanding of the characteristics and etiology of the autism spectrum
- Become familiar with the process of screening and diagnosis of ASD
- Gain an understanding of the objective of general education and organization of special subjects
- Understand curriculum designing, adaptation and evaluation so as to implement them while teaching individuals on the spectrum
- Gain a holistic understanding of teaching methods and techniques, while working with individuals on the autism spectrum
- Integrate the prescribed therapeutic programmes within a classroom
- Understand the needs of family and promote integration of persons with ASD within the family and the community
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelors degree and/or in the Masters degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialisation in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- Successful completion of Common Entrance Test conducted by GGSIPU.
The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable.
All admissions take place through the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Tentative timelines are as follows:
January/February: GGSIPU opens application for the Common Entrance Test [CET]
May: GGSIPU conducts the CET
June/July: Declaration of CET results and commencement of admissions
August: Classes begin at Action For Autism
For more information